Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday March 16th, 2008

Hi all! Happy Palm Sunday!

This morning we were up at 4am in order to travel to a city in southern Ethiopia called Hosanna. Today is the day that we were to meet Mekebo's birth family. Unfortunately, his birth family did not show up and we did not get to meet them. I know that there is a reason for this, but it has been hard for me to understand since I have been dreaming about this day for a long time. We were able to leave a picture of Mekebo and our family along with a letter written by us for his birth family. I cannot begin to fathom the love that they have for Mamush and the most difficult decision adoption has been for them. I pray for his birth family every night. They have given us the greatest gift...Mamush!

Tomorrow, in the morning, we get to bring Mamush to the Guest House that we are staying at. Starting on Tuesday we will get to keep him in our care for good! I am a little nervous since I have not fed or changed him yet. I forget what to do with little babies! Hopefully we will get to post some pictures tomorrow. We have not had the opportunity to post any pictures of Mamush because photographs are forbidden at the Care Center where he is at.

We are doing well. We continue to love the Ethiopian culture more and more each day. It is AMAZING! God bless...

No comments: