Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! Today I am celebrating the wonderful lives of my mother, Glenda Kanis, and my grandmother, Marie Bosman. Each of them have helped mold me into who I am today. My mom has shown me to be selfless and to be independent. My grandmother has shown me patience and perserverence. What great mothers!

This morning we were able to attend a wonderful church in Monroe, WI. It was a wonderful service and we were able to light a candle for our little lady in Ethiopia. I can't wait to bring our little "star" home.

Mother's Day always holds many emotions for me. I share this day with the birth mothers of "our" children. Mekebo has two mothers. I have had dreams about spending days with his birth mother. My dream would be for Mu to truly feel loved by his birth mother and his adoptive mother.

Every day I think about my children's birth mothers. I used to be scared of the idea of an "open adoption" but now I dream about the possibility of that.

Regarding our current adoption: we are officially submitted to court and are waiting for our court date. I am praying for a miracle!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: